<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, January 09, 2004

Conveying the facts 

I'm convinced that Ian Mendes of Sportsnet is the best person covering the Senators today. He makes the Garriochs and Stevensons look like clueless buffoons when you compare their articles.

I don't exactly agree with his opinion on Martin Havlat. But I love this part of the article:

Granted, my job as a Sportsnet reporter on television is simply to convey the facts of a story and let the viewer make up his own opinion. If I slanted each TV story I did with my own personal bias, well then, I'd always be talking about how great the Canadiens are, because I grew up a Habs fan.


Shouldn't newspaper guys have the same obligation? Maybe Bruce Garrioch and Chris Stevenson should remember this the next time they make up a trade rumour about Radek Bonk or think Jacques Martin should be fired.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?