<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 08, 2004

Defecating in their own nest 

That's what Leaf fans in Ottawa are doing according to former Sens owner, Bruce Firestone - defecating in their own nest.

The entire article is here.

But here are some good quotes from the article:


What prompts someone to cheer against their home team? Well, here is my list of why I think they do it:

1. The Stockholm Syndrome
2. The Inferiority Complex
3. Feelings of Inadequacy
4. Money and Power
5. Inability to Learn

...

You can be old at 30. Once you say to yourself, ‘I know everything, no one can teach me anything new’ … that’s it, you’re old.

Maybe Ottawa-based Leaf fans can’t learn anything new? They certainly are fanatic enough.

...

we received a call at Terrace offices that greatly upset my colleagues and me—it was from an Ottawa-based Leaf fan who said: “Do you hear this, Mr. Firestone? That’s the sound of me breaking my shotgun. If you don’t put my Leafs back on TV, I am going to come down there and shoot you and any of your staff that get in my way.”

...

No one loves the Sens more than I do but if I lived in Calgary, Edmonton, Montréal, Vancouver or even Toronto, I would hope the home team does well because it helps the community which nurtures us.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?