<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, April 05, 2004

Playoff Thoughts, Round 1 

Here are my predictions for the first round. Just like anyone else's predictions, they're a crapshoot.

Tampa Bay - New York Islanders:
Tampa Bay in 5

Boston - Montreal
Boston in 5 (6 if Thornton doesn't play)

Philly - New Jersey
Philly in 7

Toronto - Ottawa
I refuse to make predictions for any series with Ottawa. If I pick Ottawa, I'm biased and if i pick their opponent I'm hoping for a little reverse psychology.

Detroit - Nashville
Nashville in 6

San Jose - St Louis
San Jose in 5

Vancouver - Calgary
Calgary in 6

Colorado - Dallas
Dallas in 7

Other thoughts going in to the first round:

The only team that can stop Tampa Bay from coming out of the East is Ottawa.

I think San Jose could end up coming out of the West with Nabakov being the big goaltending star of the playoffs.

My playoff dream prediction ( I don't think it will happen, I just wish it would)

First Round:
Tampa Bay over the New York Islanders:
Boston over Montreal
New Jersey over Philly
Ottawa over Toronto
Nashville over Detroit
San Jose over St Louis
Calgary over Vancouver
Colorado over Dallas

Second Round:
Tampa Bay over New Jersey
Ottawa over Boston
Nashville over San Jose
Calgary over Colorado

Third Round:
Ottawa over Tampa Bay
Calgary over Nashville

Finals:
Ottawa over Calgary

The only reason I picked Calgary coming out of the west over Vancouver is to give Ottawa home ice advantage in the finals (with a possible extra home date).

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?